Saturday, January 24, 2015

Monday, January 19th, 2015

It was really wonderful to be able to learn from Elder and Sister Kopischke. Two things I learned from him were the importance of seeking after and heeding revelation as well as the importance of knowing the scriptures. The conference was just us asking questions. He said that he hoped each of us would have a revelatory experience. He invited each of us to write down a couple questions we wanted answered and promised us that something said in the meeting or something the Spirit said to us would answer the question. That was true. My questions were answered and everyone else said that theirs were as well. It was a great testimony to me of the desire Heavenly Father has to communicate to us. It was not really the specific things that Elder Kopischke said or did but the revelation they invited. I know that revelation is real and necessary for our salvation and happiness. It truly is the Spirit and the miracle He works in changing hearts that converts people. We have been set apart to teach with that power and authority that will bring the Spirit unto them. It is up to each individual to let the Spirit come in. I know that miracles are happening all around us.

It is such a blessing and a relief to know that this truly is the work of God. As we have taught people I have really tried to remember that my role is to help them to let God work a miracle in them. I am so grateful for the power of God I have felt in my life. I know that I could not do the things I do without Him. He is always there. He is always watching over us. As you may know the missionary purpose for both full time and member missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy Ghost and enduring to the end. One thing I think is really true, which Elder Kopischke said is that we often forget about the helping part. We need to do these things together with people be there encouraging them along the way. We must always invite so that we can be there to help people when they are ready. The Norwegian word of the week is opplysning, which means enlightenment.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment