Friday, January 16, 2015

Monday, January 12th, 2015

On Wednesday we will be in Bergen for the conference with Elder Kopischke. I am really looking forward to the conference. I am sure I will learn a lot. We were able to teach a family again as well as a couple other people we have been teaching on and off. It is such a tremendous blessing to have the restored gospel. Something I have thought a lot about lately is the importance to be bold and loving. We must declare the truth with meekness, humility and love, but we must declare it. I feel such joy and gratitude when I am able to express the gospel even when people disagree or do not understand the impact or gravity of the truths. I can always feel the assurance of the things I have learned and from whom I have learned them to paraphrase Paul. I hope you all can feel love and joy as you do this as well. I now that Heavenly Father is watching over us.

I have also been pondering about the significance of families lately. We will be doing a family history night sometime in February. The family truly is ordained of God. It is such a blessing to be able to understand that the family organization is not random or coincidental. It is indeed the organization God has ordained for our learning, growth and service. I am so grateful to have an eternal family and to be able to invite others to receive that same blessing. I know that there are divine reasons for the sacred feelings virtually everyone has about families. We must reach out to and help all of our brothers and sisters. The Norwegian word of the week is evig, which means eternal.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment