Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Monday, February 24th, 2014

We have had some really miraculous experiences this week. I remember we had appointments with two of our most positive investigators in the same day, and we thought that they both might want to stop meeting. We just went in as normal and tried to teach by the Spirit what we felt they needed, and what we needed to say and do was certainly given to us. Both lessons went very well and we are continuing to have contact and meet. It is so cool to truly know that this is not our work. We just have to be willing and worthy tools. We are working on trying to get the family history course started. We are hoping to make 12 different lesson plans so that the members or the next missionaries who come can carry on with the course. We are very excited about it.

I had a really wonderful birthday. Thank you all so much for the gifts and more importantly for all the love you have shown me and continue to show me. I am so very grateful for that, but I do not think I can be grateful enough. Geir and Linnea gave me a skewer sort of thing that is famous in Finnmark, and they also sang me the Norwegian birthday song, which is awesome. We had hot dogs on my birthday, Norwegian style, which are delicious. We saw some really awesome northern lights yesterday, which were by far the best I have seen. They are so beautiful.

Reflecting a little on my birthday, I think I realized even more how grateful I am for the many wonderful blessings in my life, especially for my family and friends. I am so thankful that we are an eternal family. That is the greatest gift we could ever have. It is such a blessing to be a missionary and to be able to share the gospel. I feel that we are blessed more than we understand. The Norwegian word of the week is børsdag, which means birthday.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment