Sunday, February 9, 2014

Monday, February 3rd, 2014

We found out yesterday that Eldste Hurst will be moving to Fredrikstad and that I will be getting a new companion, Eldste Reber, who is currently in Drammen. I think it will be good. I have met Eldste Reber once. I am going to be the senior companion in Alta. Eldste Reber is only six weeks younger than me in the mission though, so I think he will be able to do a lot. I hope so because it is really hard for me to have any idea how to get around geographically.

I am really excited to be in Alta still. It is a really cool place in more ways than one. It has been a lot warmer here the past couple of days, which has been really nice. Linnea says that February is the coldest month of the year, so I will have to do my best to stay warm. I played guitar with Geir this week, which was a lot of fun. We just got a computer in the building we use for church this past weekend, but we still need to finish setting everything up, but it is very exciting. There are some members here who can speak English. Finnmark County does have the worst English in Norway generally speaking though.

I feel like there is a lot to do to help the members here. We are trying to figure out more ways we can help people and use our time wisely. I think family history is a very important part of this work and something that could really help strengthen the members and help investigators as well as help us find people to teach. I know that Heavenly Father will guide us as we rely on Him and pray for his help. I am doing my best and will try to do better to be the best missionary and disciple of Christ I can be. I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers and will help us to do his work. As President Monson says, when we are on the Lord’s errand we are entitled to the Lord’s help. The Norwegian word of the week is kalt, which means cold. 


Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment