Sunday, March 8, 2015

Monday, March 2nd, 2015

We have had a really good week. We had an English fast (not speaking English) this past week, which was pretty cool especially combining it with fast Sunday yesterday. We have been blessed to find some people to work with and to have an investigator with us in church yesterday, which was wonderful. I am so grateful to know that this is the Lord's work. It is exciting about all of the wonderful ways in which the work is going forward. I know that we truly are not alone. I am also starting to look forward to General Conference. It will be wonderful to learn from the prophets and apostles. In Joseph Smith, Prophet of The Restoration a woman says to Joseph Smith that she does not like his religion but is grateful for his kindness. He responds by saying that that is our religion. We are not skyping with any investigators right now. We skype with the ward mission leader in Trondheim every week. He is a wonderful guy.

I watched during dinner a very inspiring message Elder Bednar gave called that we might not shrink. He spoke of something Elder Maxwell had told him saying it is more important to not shrink than it is to survive. I also read Alma 23 through 27 about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis this morning. Reading about their experience that they were able to lay down their lives, calmly and fearlessly with a perfect hope in the promises of Christ and the resurrection were so inspiring to me. They truly did not shrink though they knew that meant they would not survive. I think that applies to us in a lot of ways. We cannot hold back a part of ourselves in the face of adversity and challenges. Although we may not feel like it, I know that our very best is not sufficient in and of itself is sufficient for the Lord, for His grace is always available to lift, strengthen and redeem us. I will not shrink in my missionary service. I am so grateful for the Savior's atonement and the hope it provides us. That hope is something the world desperately needs. It is available to all. The Norwegian word of the week is fremover, which means forward.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment