Thursday, March 12, 2015

Monday, March 9th, 2015

We traveled to Molda, which is about an hour or hour and a half bus ride from us for a district meeting this week. It is a very pretty place. We also had an activity at the church this Wednesday, which an investigator came to. I have reflected a lot this past week on the importance of focusing on the bigger long-term goals in our lives. There are of course times where all we can do is take things a day at a time, but it is a great source of motivation and strength to me to reflect upon the greater picture. I spoke in church yesterday about how Heavenly Father has given us tools and will give us personal revelation to guide us through our lives and lead us to our goal of eternal life. It is a great blessing to do the work, but there is not so much more to it, particularly in these small areas. Knocking on doors and talking to people on the street tends to fill most of our time. We are still trying to build up our teaching pool. We found one really cool woman from Argentina who has two sons. We will hopefully teach her again this week. I am doing my best to work hard and to help those who are around me come closer to the Savior.

As I near the end of my missionary service, I have reflected upon how much there still remains to be done both in the mission field and in the world. I want to make a difference and be able to accomplish great things. It is very difficult for me to see how I can do so often times. I have felt that the answer is that I must stand upon the promises of Christ as OIGC (Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir) sings. I know that there is so much more in us than we know. I truly cannot behold with my natural eyes the glory God has in store for us. We are laying the foundation of a great work, and as Paul reckons that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed within us. I know that the Savior provided through His Atonement not only the opportunity to become clean but also to become holy. He cleanses and sanctifies us as we rely upon and walk with Him throughout our mortal journey. Thank you all for your wonderful examples to me.

Since yesterday was International Women's Day I am particularly grateful for the influence good women have had on me in my life. The quality I have treasured and appreciated most in the women I most admire and respect is their ability to love those who are around them, regardless of how those people treat them or if they in any way deserve that love as some would say. I know that we must love one another. The Norwegian word of the week is uselvisk, which means unselfish.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment