Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Monday, April 27th, 2015

We had stake conference yesterday. I was able to see a lot of people from the Skien Ward again and was also able to meet some new people. It is very inspiring to see how many lives the gospel touches. We got to hear an area seventy from Sweden and his wife speak as well as the temple President and Matron in Sweden who are members of our stake. It was wonderful to hear them talk about how the temple should be the center of our universe. I am so grateful for temples and for the wonderful blessings they bring. They have broken ground for the Wyoming temple, which they estimate will be done in about two years. It is very exciting for me to see how temple blessings become more and more available to people all over the world. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father lives. I know that He is ready and willing to guide us and that He is also fighting for our families. It is such a blessing to know that families are forever and that the restored gospel and its blessings are not only for the living.

We use our time doing quite a lot of things. We teach people, visit less active and active members, knock on doors, talk to people on the street, try back with people, work on activities at the church and so forth. The days vary quite a bit, which is nice. I have been working on overcome my fear of men and talking with as many people as I can, and it has been a really wonderful blessing to feel that the Lord blesses me for my efforts as imperfect as they are. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of each and every one of us. I know that Christ's hand is extended to each and every one of us. I am so grateful to know that. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers. The Norwegian word of the week is mot, which means courage

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment