Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday, May 18th, 2015

It has been a very good week. I think that I will be staying with Elder Garrard in Tonsberg for the rest of my mission. I am very excited about that, and we are doing very well. We are trying to sprint to the finish as many missionaries say. Yesterday in particular was a very special day for Norway because it was May 17th, which is their independence day. We got to travel to Oslo and even got to go to church there, which was a great blessing. I was able to see some of my favorite people for which I was very grateful. It was very humbling and gratifying to be able to come back and see a bit of what has happened here since I left. I am so grateful to know that this is the Lord's work and that He is moving it forward.

We have been blessed with some very wonderful people to teach including a cool guy who is a sound engineer from Rio. I love this country so much, and I am so incredibly grateful for the chance I have had and will continue to have to serve the Norwegian people. We also got permission to take our p-day (preparation day) in Oslo today and travel back in the afternoon, so it will be great to be able to be here a little bit more. I know that the work is going forward. I know that God loves and knows each and every one of us. He is our Father. The Norwegian word of the week is tog, which means train and parade.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment