Saturday, October 19, 2013

Monday, October 7th, 2013

It has been a good week. I have a new companion Elder Linge who is from Utah, but was born in Norway. He is a really nice guy. General Conference was really great. We had an investigator named Dan come to two sessions. I do not think I have ever wanted someone to feel the spirit more than I wanted him to then. I think I was so focused on hoping he would learn a lot from conference that I neglected to a point all I could learn. I have gotten so attached to him. When we have the gospel and know of the happiness it brings it is only natural that we will want to share it. One thing that I have really enjoyed these past two conferences is watching or reading all of the talks again.

I loved how much of a topic member missionary work was. It is true that the church has reached only a small part of its potential. As members and missionaries we must join with Heavenly Father, Christ and the Holy Ghost and make our work and glory to help bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. We can and should all do a better job at this. The need is far more urgent than I believe we realize. I know Heavenly Father will strengthen us as we do his work. The Norwegian word of the week is en for hold, which means a relationship.


Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment