Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Monday, September 23rd, 2013

This week has been a good week. We have been incredibly blessed. We had a miracle last p-day. A member here in Oslo, who is originally from Portugal, called us and told us that a recent convert, who is also Portuguese, wanted us to come and teach her son. We did, and it was wonderful. We taught them and a number of other members who were at their home, and then we taught them again on Saturday. He is ten years old and is really awesome.

Yesterday, we also had a miracle. A long-time investigator, who has not been to church since last General Conference, came to church and really enjoyed it. He is incredible. He studies the scriptures every day and has done a tremendous amount of research. Elder Bitner and I both feel that he will be baptized and will be an incredibly strong member. Yesterday, we also had a high school class attend church, which was quite cool. We answered some questions for them, and we feel that they felt the spirit. Some of them said that they would like to come back.

I am just so amazed at the miracles that happen every day. It has helped me to be more grateful to my Heavenly Father because it reminds me how reliant upon him we truly are. We are teaching that man from the Congo again tomorrow. I know that serving others is the way we can feel closest to Heavenly Father. The opportunities I have had to serve others on my mission have undoubtedly been the happiest times. We are so blessed to know our Heavenly Father and to recognize his love for us, which goes far beyond our comprehension. A member told us yesterday that he believes that the strongest Norwegian members of the church have yet to be baptized. I believe that is true also, and it is my job to help go out and find them and help them to know of Heavenly Father's love. The Norwegian word of the week is å lære, which means to learn.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment