Saturday, January 4, 2014

Monday, December 30th, 2013

We had our transfer call yesterday, and I will be serving in Alta with Eldste Hurst, who was with me in the MTC and a very good friend of mine there. Alta is the northern most missionary area in the world and the northern most branch of the church in the world, so that is really cool. It will be unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I am thrilled! When I heard my name in Alta after Eldste Hurst's during the call, I literally got up and screamed like a little girl. I am really excited for my first transfer. It will definitely be a dramatic change though. Eldste Linge served in Alta, so I have heard quite a few things about it.

One thing I have learned is that pure love is the foundation of everything Heavenly Father and Christ do for us and of everything they want us to do for each other. I have seen this in Oslo. I am really grateful for the time I have had in Oslo. There have been tons of incredible people who have touched my life and taught me a lot. I will certainly miss them, but I know there are good things to come. It really is such a blessing. I am very excited for the future of the church in Norway, even in a small place like Alta. The Norwegian words of the week are å reise, which means to travel and en fly, which means a plane. I hope you all continue to do well, and that you can feel of Heavenly Father and Christ’s love for you.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment