Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Monday, June 2nd, 2014

We have gotten ten new investigators this week, which is by far the most I have ever gotten. While Elder Newey and I were coming back from visiting a member about a week and a half ago, a guy stopped us and said he wanted to hear about our message and invited us to come to his Mosque to chat that coming Monday. That same day, another man stopped us while we were walking to the church. He honked his horn and said he wanted to come into our church and learn about what we believe. We talked for a while, and he asked a lot of interesting questions. Last Monday, we went in to the meeting to find both of them there, and they had friends. They came to our church last night, and we taught them with our Bishop’s dad, who is also awesome. We are going to try to meet with them again.

I am so thankful for my testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that He is our Savior, Redeemer, Brother, King, the God of Israel and so much more. I know that He loves and watches over each and every one of us. I feel His hand in this work. I am very excited to be serving with Elder Crook. He is a really awesome and smart guy and is from Oregon. I have a really good feeling we will be able to accomplish a lot. I will be having a training meeting for being a district leader on Thursday in Oslo, so it will be nice to hopefully get to know better what I am doing. I am really grateful for the opportunity to serve and support.

We also went on splits to Sandefjord on Friday and were able to teach three lessons to people we found that day. One of them was an eighty five year old man who told us that he had found out for himself that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost were three separate divine beings that work in perfect unity, which is contrary to the state church’s beliefs. We told him that that was true and was a truth that had been lost from the earth but is now restored. We talked about the restoration with him, and the Spirit was very strong. He was an incredible and nice guy who I know we were guided to. It is funny because we found him since we were lost. I know that miracles happen all around us. There are angels living and dead ministering to us all. I love you all and am so thankful for the angels you are. The Norwegian word of the week is å betjene, which means to minister

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment