Sunday, September 7, 2014

Monday, September 1st, 2014

We have had a really good week and will have another really good one with Elder Bednar coming to visit this coming Sunday. I will be staying with Elder Cheney (Dan’s current companion), which I am excited about. I feel like there is still so much I need to do and accomplish here, so I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to stay here. I will no longer be serving as a district leader, so I will really be able to focus everything on my area, which will be nice. We have been trying to visit members more frequently and to help them understand the importance of doing missionary work and how we truly cannot do it without them. We all stand in need of redemption which cometh in and through the Holy Messiah alone. This is His restored church, and it is our job to share the blessings of His gospel with the entire world. As we invite others with love in natural ways truly exercising faith in our Savior, the gospel will go forward in incredible ways.

I have also contemplated how grateful I am for the relationship we have with God as His children. It is something that is not understood very widely. He speaks to us and will strengthen and help us. Like any good parent, He will not do everything for us, but He will always provide a way for us. He hears and answers our prayers not according to our will but according to His infinite love and wisdom. He answers in the way and at the time that is best for us. He calls and inspires men and women today as in times of old. He is our Father who sent His beloved and perfect son, our Savior Jesus Christ to atone for our sins and overcome all things for us. I know that they live and love us. I know that they called Joseph Smith to restore the fullness of the gospel and the church of Jesus Christ to the earth. I know that we have modern prophets and apostles who lead the church under the direction of Christ himself. I know that we will hear from an apostle of Jesus Christ this Sunday.

Here is a bit of a run down of our days. We wake up, do our best to exercise, shower, sometimes eat, study, eat lunch, go talk to people on the street, go to visit members, knock on doors, sometimes attend meetings, teach people usually with a member present, eat dinner, plan for the next day, call people, talk and then sleep. I am really trying to make sure we are always doing something truly meaningful and productive, which are often times determined not only by what you do but how you do it. Teaching and then member work are of course our greatest priorities. I hope you have a wonderful week and feel strongly of our Savior's love. The Norwegian word of the week betydningsfull, which means meaningful.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment