Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monday, September 29th, 2014

I am very grateful for all of the amazing people I have met and been able to work with. Time is going by so fast, but I feel so very blessed for all of the wonderful things that are happening. I gave the family history supplies my family made to our bishop, and he said the timing was absolutely perfect because they are preparing to have a ward family home evening focused on family history and temple work. The ward is working on accepting Elder Andersen's challenge to find as many family names as we perform ordinances in the temple. It is truly another aspect of hastening the work of salvation. One of the things we have been talking about a lot as a mission is the need for urgency. We must do our best to understand the importance and gravity of the work we do. There are indeed millions of people on both sides of the veil crying and pleading both knowingly and unknowingly for us to come and help them. We must do all we can to help families be together forever.

Our recent convert is doing really well and has come to church every week since his baptism. He is a very kind and wonderful guy. I am no longer serving as a district leader, which reduces some stress. We will be having another transfer in two weeks. It is quite likely that I will be transferred, but I am not sure. It is always very sad to leave a place. I love the people here so much. I am very excited about general conference this weekend. It will be a wonderful opportunity to learn.

Truly loving all we come in contact with and sowing them that love to the best of our ability is the most important thing we can do. I know that we are happiest as we focus on other people, and I am really trying to do that. When people feel loved, they will understand our desire to strengthen, help and serve them. We are trying to do more service and to help and let our light so shine before men so that they may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in Heaven. I know that loving and helping others softens hearts. The Norwegian word of the week is mykte, which means to soften.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment