Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6th, 2014

It was wonderful to have general conference. I was not able to see everything, but I will catch up. I am particularly touched by the confirmation I have received that the Savior is with us and will help us. The blessings of His atonement are always available. We do not always recognize them, but they are always there. I am grateful for the ways I am able to see God's hand in my life, and I know that there are many blessings he gives that I do not now recognize or understand. It is such an incredible blessing to have living prophets and apostles. I know that this work is true and is going forward. I thought it was wonderful to see how much the church is growing and how well established it is all over the world. I know hat we can receive so much strength by following our leaders. They are truly called by the Lord.

I do not know what will be happening with transfers, but they will be a week from Wednesday. We have started teaching a couple people from Eritrea in Africa. I know that the gospel is true and is meant to help us all regardless of our situations. It is truly a blessing. Our Savior desires to bless, strengthen and help us through all things. As his disciples we must seek to do the same with one another. I know that we can become so much more with His help than we could ever be without it. I am so grateful for everything that I have received including so much peace and strength. I hope we can all come closer to the Lord and be able to feel the power of His atonement with us all the time. I know He will guide us as we do all we can. I am so grateful for all of you and for the gospel of our Savior. I know there is a way to fulfillment and eventually completeness through following and relying upon our Savior. The Norwegian word of the week is Å anvende, which means to apply to oneself.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment