Sunday, December 14, 2014

Monday, December 8th, 2014

We have been really trying to spread the true Christmas spirit by sharing the video He Is The Gift. If you have not seen it you should and you should share it. It truly shows how the real Christmas gift, the first and the greatest is our Savior. I am so grateful for that gift our Heavenly Father gave us. This truly is the greatest message we can share. It is wonderful to talk about, but I am so much more grateful for the opportunities we have to bear our testimonies through our actions. As I reflect upon my own life, I know that that which has been most significant for the development and strength of my testimony and my ability to help and minister to others is truly the small and simple things in my life. Consistent meaningful prayer, scripture study and church attendance along with always seeking to do our Father’s will have been a wonderful foundation for me. Thank you all so much for what you have done to make it possible for me to have that foundation in my life.

We had one interesting experience I can tell you guys about though. There is a really nice Catholic Priest in Narvik who is from Germany. He invited us to come eat dinner with him, which was Eritrean food made by an Eritrean member of their church living there. There were three living there who were named Jacob, Emmanuel and Little Jesus. He is a very nice guy. It is wonderful to see how people dedicate themselves to love and service. I know that the Savior desires us to love and serve each other. Love is indeed the essence of the gospel and the nature of the message of the Restoration. I know that as we bear testimony to people of the gospel that the Spirit will bear witness.

I know that the gospel is the way. Christ is the way and the life. He is the light of the world. A light that can never be hid in the darkness. There is much I do not know and much I do not fully understand, but I do know that my Redeemer lives and that He offers us all life. I know that His church has been restored to the earth and that the authority of God to seal in heaven and in earth has brought us together as a family. I know that we have a wonderful season ahead of us to love and uplift those around us. The Norwegian word of the week is Guds Lam, which means the Lamb of God.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment