Saturday, December 6, 2014

Monday, December 1st, 2014

My new companion Elder Griffin is a really good guy. We have been able to get quite a bit of work done. It feels like it is getting a bit colder, but there is not as much ice, which makes it a lot easier to get around. There are some ice things you can put on your shoes, which Elder Cooper had some extra of that help a lot. I have been grateful to have them. We are actually going to do our Thanksgiving meal today since we have a little more time. We are having stuffing, mashed potatoes and bacon!

I have been thinking a lot about the Savior example, something I am incredibly thankful for. There is a whole chapter in Preach My Gospel devoted to developing Christ-like attributes. One of the scriptures it references when talking about virtue is 2 Peter chapter 1 verses 3 through 8. I know that all of us children of God have received the invitation from the Savior to come unto Him and be participants in the divine nature. We must overcome pride, selfishness and worldliness that inhibit us from truly loving and serving each other and being the children of light we all can be. It is not possible to do it alone. I know that as we honestly do our best to see our weaknesses and overcome them that we can all feel of the power of the Savior’s Atonement. I know it is real. As we rely on Him and have faith in Him, we build our lives upon a rock that will never fall. Jesus is happiness and the light and life of the world that cannot be hid in the darkness. I know that our Savior lives and loves all of us. He is the reason for the season! The Norwegian word of the week is forbedring, which means improvement.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment