Thursday, November 27, 2014

Monday, November 24th, 2014

I found out that I will be staying in Narvik, which is very exciting. I am so grateful for the opportunity to help the work continue to go forward here. Elder Cooper will be moving back down to Sandefjord, and my new companion is named Elder Griffin. There is a wonderful family who lives in Harstad, which is about an hour and a half away. It is too far away for us to go and visit, so we Skype with them to share messages. We had a family home evening last week with them. They have three kids, so we thought it would be a good idea to give them an activity. We asked them to draw the best gifts they could think of. The youngest kid, who is maybe three or four, drew the temple, another drew, the missionaries and the third drew the earth. The Mom drew the Christ child, and the dad drew his family. Those are definitely some wonderful gifts. It is wonderful that even from a young age the kids understand what truly is most important. As we grow older, it can become easier to forget, but we must always remember the gifts God has given us. I know that we can all make significant contributions even if it does not always feel like it. Small and simple things do indeed make great things come to pass.

I am very excited for Thanksgiving. It is a really wonderful time to be able to reflect upon all the many blessings God has given us. There are too many count. The greatest blessings in my life are the gospel and all of you. I am so grateful to know that the Savior has made it possible for us to be together forever and for the love he extends to all of us. I am very grateful to be able to enter soon into the Christmas season to remember and ponder upon the gift He is for us all. We must unwrap and use the gift of His Atonement in our lives. I am so eternally grateful and indebted to Him for His sacrifice. I know that He lives and speaks to us today, and I am so grateful for that knowledge. I know that all that is good comes from God and that He watches over and loves us. Thank you all for your goodness and faith. The Norwegian word of the week is takksigelse, which means Thanksgiving.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment