Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday, June 1st, 2015

It is crazy to think about how quickly time goes. I am so grateful to be blessed to bring the gospel to our brothers and sisters. I was also very sad to hear the news about Elder Perry. He was and is awesome. He is truly a disciple of the Savior. I will miss him very much as so many others will. We had a really cool experience today. We have been teaching a man who was a little overwhelmed when we invited him to come to church for the first time. While we were teaching him this week we had talked about how we would need to be sensitive to his concerns about coming to church and perhaps be patient and give him time to adjust. When we were teaching him, we felt like we should invite him even though that was very much not what we had planned. We invited him to come, and lo and behold he came. It was a wonderful testimony to me of how the Spirit does guide and help us. We truly could not, cannot and do not do this work alone. I know that this is the Lord’s work. I feel truly blessed to be able to continue to serve Him. Though my days to be doing so as a full time missionary are at least temporarily numbered, I know that there are limitless opportunities to uplift, bless and serve others just as the Savior would. I know that He lives. I know that this work is true. I am so grateful for that testimony, and I strive to live in accordance with it. The Norwegian word of the week is disipelskap, which means discipleship.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment