Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Monday, June 8th, 2015

I am of course very excited to be able to come home. It will be very bittersweet. I believed it to be true when he said it, but I now know that what Elder Perry said when he came and visited us in Oakland is true. Elder Perry said that we will try all of our lives to work to repay the Lord for all that He has done and does for us, but every time He will just continue to bless us more than we can imagine. No matter how hard we try we cannot even begin to repay Him. King Benjamin was right when He said that we would be unprofitable servants even if we served with all of our beings. It is because of that that it is hard for me to see my mission as a sacrifice. It is a blessing to be able to serve the Lord in any way I can. I am so grateful for your support and love. We were able to participate over the Internet in a stake conference in Edinborough where Elder Holland presided. It was broadcast to all of the UK, Ireland and the Nordic countries. It was really cool to be able to participate. Elder Holland spoke about the Book of Mormon. He also said that his great grandfather, who I believe is George Q. Cannon, found the gospel in the Isle of Man. He bore his testimony that he knew that the Book of Mormon was true and that it is indeed the greatest sign of the times that God speaks today and the world is being prepared for the return of the Savior. I am grateful for my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and Redeemer, and I know that every person who lives, will live, or ever has lived is a child of God of infinite value. Thank you all so much for your love and support and prayers. The Norwegian word of the week is offer, which means sacrifice.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment