Sunday, December 1, 2013

Monday, November 25th, 2013

We had a district Thanksgiving dinner today. We even made some lactose free mashed potatoes. It was really good, and I am very full. It has been a good week. We have been out a lot this week trying to find people to teach and have a lot of good things to look forward to this week as a result. I have been reading Our Heritage, which is part of the missionary library. It is a brief history of the church and has a lot of really cool stories. I am so moved by the heritage of this church. When all is said and done, I know that there is no way that the saints would have been able to do what they did if they were not involved in a true cause and received strength from Heavenly Father. That truth is to me undeniable. I am so very thankful for the sacrifices and efforts of those who have come before me and for all that you all do for me as well. I am truly blessed as a result.

One thing that is truly amazing is how dramatically the church has been able to grow and how many have received the restored gospel in such a short period of time. This is what we would all like to see happen in Norway, but it requires our willingness and diligence to be effective instruments in Heavenly Father’s plan. It is so essential that the cause of Zion continue to move forward. I am so thankful for what it has done for me and for the strength and knowledge Heavenly Father has given me and will continue o give me to aid in this cause. I am so thankful for the gospel. I am so thankful for the many blessings I have been given including all of your love and support. May we all remember our blessings and continue to receive strength under the wisdom of our Heavenly Father. The Norwegian word of the week is en velsignelseá, which means blessing.

Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment