Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Monday, July 21st, 2014

I am excited but nervous at the opportunity to train, but I know everything will be as it should be. The Lord certainly qualifies those whom he calls. I am really going to miss Elder Crook who will be traveling back to Sandvika. It will be very exciting to get a new missionary. His name is Elder Cheney, and he is from Las Vegas. I do not really know anything else about him yet. I am really excited though. It was a lot of fun to be able to go to Drammen and experience how the work is done there as well as to receive instruction from President Evans (Norway’s Mission President) in Oslo. We are also teaching a Norwegian class for people who speak English.

One realization I have really had is how important it is for BOTH members and missionaries to be anxiously engaged in the work of salvation. As Elder Ballard said in conference last October, we cannot do it alone. We need members to help us to find, teach and baptize. We need prayers and action. I have seen such miracles as we all truly make an effort to do this. Let us all lift where we stand and pull all at once. Our brothers and sisters really need us to do all we can. We are so blessed, and we must share those blessings. Thank you all so much for your wonderful examples. I know that the Lord is grateful for every effort we make and that he will empower and inspire us to perform miracles according to our faith. I hope you feel of and will share God's love.


Love,
Elder Ankenman

No comments:

Post a Comment